Welcome to New Hope School
The Intersen Phase of New Hope School is the middle phase of your child’s development. Intersen is a combination of Intermediate (Grade 4-6) and Senior phase (Grade 7).
Our emphasis is still on establishing basic foundations, but learners are led into more abstract thought and independent work. We have 13 specialised teachers and focus on a differentiated learner-centric approach. We follow the National Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS). However, the textbooks have been re-written to allow for a learner-centric approach and to promote problem solving.
We offer the following subjects:
- Afrikaans Home Language and Afrikaans First Additional Language.
- English Home Language and English First additional language.
- Life skills/ Life Orientation
- Natural Science
- Social Science
- Technology (Grade 7)
- Arts and Culture (Grade 7)
- Economics Management Sciences (Grade 7)